Roles and ResponsibilitiesPrimary Responsibilities:
- Experience with multiple UNIX systems - Sun Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, Red Hat, and Debian.
- Responsible for the uptime of the Unix (RHEL, Solaris) environment including DNS, LDAP, SMTP, NTP, Apache, Tomcat, Syslog, Sendmail mailing system, Bluecoat proxy SG & AV services of client projects being managed / monitored.
- End to end implementation of new Bluecoat proxy, Syslog servers, Unix systems and related services into production environment
- Fine Tuning of Applications – Websphere, Apache, JBoss, MySQL etc..
- Ability to guide junior L2 / L1 engineers & work alongside for troubleshooting.
- Experience in disaster recovery.
- Creation & Maintenance of Implementation Checklists to be followed by Jr. Engineers.
- Ability to evaluate vulnerability announcements for systems, and apply countermeasures, updates, and patches.
- Vendor Management.
- System builds and configuration management.
- Carry out technology upgrades & migrations of applications across multiple platforms.
- Excellent technical writing, presentations, and systems analysis skills.
- Experience on Storage & Virtualization Technologies will be an added advantage.
- Experience in Database Management would be preferred.
- Strong on Sun Solaris fundamentals
- Apache, MySQL, PHP Apps
- Strong knowledge of DNS.
- Knowledge of LDAP, Tomcat/Weblogic/Websphere Application Servers and Any Backup application will be an added advantage
- Experience on OS Hardening
Role:Network (Support) Engineer
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Telecom / ISP
Functional Area:Engineering - Hardware & Networks
Role Category:IT Network
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
NTT Global Data Centers and Cloud Infrastructure, India
About Global Data Centers and Cloud Infrastructure, India
Global Data Centers and Cloud Infrastructure, is the India region of NTT Global Data Centers – a division of NTT Ltd. – the other three regions being Americas, EMEA and APAC. Our combined global platform is ranked amongst the top three leaders worldwide by IDC MarketScape, with over 160 Data Centers spanning more than 20 countries.
Headquartered in Mumbai, the Global Data Centers and Cloud Infrastructure has been recognized by SP Global as the No. 1 Data Center service provider in the country in terms of market share, with its first and largest operational hyperscale Data Center Park in Mumbai. With over USD 2 Bn investment in the next four years in building six new Data Center Parks and landing stations would help us to consolidate our ICT presence and double our footprint in India by 2025. As India’s leading managed hosting and hybrid multicloud solution provider serving more than 2500 clients, we offer Remote Infrastructure Management (RIM) services to various enterprise customers globally and was the first to launch – Cloud Computing, Managed Security, Disaster Recovery-as-a-Service (DRaaS) and Software-Defined Storage in the country. To learn more, kindly visit us at www.netmagicsolutions.com
About NTT Ltd.
NTT Ltd. is a leading global technology services company. Working with organizations around the world, we achieve business outcomes through intelligent technology solutions. For us, intelligent means data driven, connected, digital and secure. Our global assets and integrated ICT stack capabilities provide unique offerings in cloud-enabling networking, hybrid cloud, data centers, digital transformation, client experience, workplace and cybersecurity.
As a global ICT provider, we employ more than 40,000 people in a diverse and dynamic workplace that spans 57 countries, trading in 73 countries and delivering services in over 200 countries and regions. Together we enable the connected future. Visit us at hello.global.ntt