Roles and ResponsibilitiesPrimary Responsibilities:
- Work in a 24 X 7 Environment (NOC).
- Extend technical support to Clients over email and phone.
- Carry out the advance level of troubleshooting for databases
- Ensure that the tickets raised per shift are closed as per SLA and if not escalate as per the escalation Matrix defined
- Technically update the tickets in ticketing system for all the issues handled / worked upon
- Ensure that change requests are implemented as per defined timelines
- Following up with Vendors – whenever required & resolve issues by minimizing downtimes.
- Performance analysis of databases using native & monitoring tools.
- Carry out dB upgrades as and when required after approval from team lead / customer.
- Carry out one time implementations of databases as and when required as per Implementation Requests
- Work with intra departmental teams to isolate & troubleshoot customer issues (OS/Cloud/DB/Apps etc...)
- Ensure dB backups are happening regularly & report & act on failures immediately.
- Perform DR Drills under guidance of L3 team.
- Timely execution of SIP related task allocated by Team lead
- Prepare pro-active performance reports
- Work towards automation of day to day tasks.
- Carry out patch updates at regular intervals & ensure you stick to the patching policy defined.
- Adhere to shift timings and shift handover process
- Prepared Incident Reports for S1 incidents (to be attached to RCA reports.
- Should be willing to learn, adapt & work on at least 2 different databases.
- Review Key parameters & assist L3 team in providing reports
Technical Skills :
- Candidate should be well versed with all Oracle database administration activities for a variety of applications using, Oracle9i, 10g & 11g on various flavors of UNIX, LINUX and Windows environments
- More specifically, the activities will include database creation, configuring Standby/Data guard databases and RAC installation, migration and upgrade of oracle databases, database performance and tuning, implementation of backup/recovery scripts, RMAN, 24x7 support.
- Backup & Recovery procedures
- Expertise in supporting Oracle RAC
- Database performance tuning & monitoring tools
- Experience on High availability clustering
- Disaster-Recovery experience including Data guard Environment would be added advantage
- Basic Shell scripting
- Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) would be an advantage
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Telecom / ISP
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
UG:Any Graduate in Any Specialization
PG:Post Graduation Not Required
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
NETMAGIC IT SERVICES PRIVATE LIMITED
About NTT Ltd.
NTT Ltd. is a leading global technology services company bringing together 28 brands including NTT Communications, Dimension Data, and NTT Security. We partner with organizations around the world to shape and achieve outcomes through intelligent technology solutions. For us, intelligent means data driven, connected, digital, and secure. As a global ICT provider, we employ more than 40,000 people in a diverse and dynamic workplace that spans 57 countries and regions, trades in 73 countries and regions, and delivers services in over 200 countries and regions. Together we enable the connected future. Visit us at our new website www.hello.global.ntt
NTT-Netmagic, a wholly-owned subsidiary of NTT, is India’s leading Managed Hosting and Multi-Cloud Hybrid IT solution provider serving more than 2000 enterprises globally. Headquartered in Mumbai, NTT-Netmagic also delivers Remote Infrastructure Management (RIM) services to various enterprise customers globally across Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific region. The Company was the first in India to launch services – Cloud Computing, Managed Security, Disaster Recovery-as-a-Service (DRaaS) and Software-Defined Storage. NTT-Netmagic has been recognized with 4 awards at the CIO Choice 2019, 2 awards at the Datacenter Dynamics India 2019, and Frost & Sullivan India ICT Awards 2018. To learn more, visit us at:www.netmagicsolutions.com