Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for Overall Data Centre Network Performance and Service Availability of Network Connectivity & Resources.
- Leading and overseeing the Network operations which covers but not limited to:
- Work with team to analyze, diagnose and resolve complex problems of Data Center Network.
- Drive High severity issues (P1S1) related to network and ensure periodic update to management with quality inputs and Resolution.
- Network Analysis, Recommend Network Upgrades, Assess Current and Future Network Needs
- Reviewing/approving RCAs , Reviewing Operations SLA
- Work with team on CAPA for repetitive cases and timely mitigation as part of SIP.
- Vendor Management and timely escalation to partner
- Creates reporting metrics and communicates appropriately. Metrics include KPIs, case SLA metrics, and process metrics.
- Act as the central communication point for all members of the team.
- In case of critical escalations, work with the team and tech leads or responsible support members to ensure the resolution of the escalations in the shortest possible time.
- Perform a thorough analysis of escalations on team members. Determine the root cause, and take all necessary and possible actions in order to avoid the recurrence of the same type of incidents. Build an action plan to reduce the number of escalations along with the Region Managers/Lead
- Drive/owns management/technical checkpoints of engineers' backlog to ensure corrective action is being taken.
- Develop strong working relationships and liaise with various support teams members as required
- Lead escalation/management calls to provide guidance/status of the teamwork in terms of Metrics, Upskilling/Training, Process Adherence
- Designs and makes recommendations for service process improvement plans if required.
- Perform a daily review of ticket assignment and work closely with the Network support team to ensure that the tickets are triaged and responded
- Ensures compliance with an established company and regulatory guidelines and procedures to provide high-quality service and outstanding customer care.
- Provides informal feedback on an ongoing basis and formal feedback in the annual performance evaluation process to identify and develop talent.
- Ensures and promotes the development of the team/succession planning through coaching, training, and leadership development.
- Should have strong experience in designing and management of Data Centre Architecture i.e. Core Devices routing and switching, Spine – Leaf Architecture, Cloud Network solutions like Cisco ACI, VXLAN, VMWare NSX, Dell MXL, NFV.
- Experience in Multivendor Network platform like Cisco, Juniper, Brocade and Arista.
- Experience in Firewall Management of Cisco ASA, Fortigate, Palo Alto, Checkpoint and Virtual Firewalls ( ASAv and Fortigate VM)
- Good Knowledge of Load Balancer functionality of Citrix, F5
- Understanding of technologies like SDN SDWAN, CDN, WAF, Controller based solutions like ACI, CVX.
- Experienced in Designing, measuring and ensuring implementation of secure network infrastructure. Working closely with Network and IT security team(s) to enforce the policy and hardening for network security infrastructure like Firewall, WAF, IDS/IPS, SSL( SSL )
- Experience in Designing, measuring and ensuring implementation of secure Data Centre infrastructure (including threat prevention and detection technologies like Anti APT, malware prevention solutions, virtual patching).
- Working closely with Data Center and IT security team(s) to define the policy and baseline for Operating System, Databases, engineered systems etc
- Experience in the troubleshooting and performance management of Data Centre /ISP infrastructure networks.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including an ability to convey technical information using non-technical language
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting Multivendor Network platform like Cisco, Juniper, Brocade and Arista.
- Knowledgeable in the following data circuit technologies TDM, MPLS, Ethernet, EoSDH and POS.
- Expert knowledge in service provider level networking with knowledge in TCP/IP, Routing Protocols (OSPF and BGPv4, RIP etc). Specific knowledge of BGP, OSPF and IP protocols in MPLS & none MPLS Environment.
- Good understanding of high availability fundamentals (HSRP and VRRP)
- Hands-on experience on Cisco ASA and Fortigate ,Juniper SRX Firewalls
- Hands-on experience on Load Balancers (Cisco , Citrix Netscaler, Radware and F5)
- Hands-on experience of LAN switching technologies: STP, Trunking, Ether Channel
- Expert Knowledge of VPN technologies and IPSec, SSL and GRE protocols.
- Understanding of network protocols like FTP, TFTP, NTP, SNMP, DNS, DHCP
- Organizational and problem-solving skills
- Has previous experience of handling a team of 10-20 engineers in a Network Operations Center (NOC) setup.
- Experience in performance improvement and skill enhancement techniques for the entire team
- Exceptional work ethic and drive.
- Self-motivated and requiring no to minimal supervisor intervention
- Proven, results driven executive with a stable career history.
- High energy and passion, solid communicator and fast learner.
- Must have excellent presentation skills
- Knowledge sharing and team member motivating
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Telecom / ISP
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
PG:Post Graduation Not Required
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
NETMAGIC IT SERVICES PRIVATE LIMITED
About Global Data Centers and Cloud Infrastructure, India
Global Data Centers and Cloud Infrastructure, is the India region of NTT Global Data Centers – a division of NTT Ltd. – the other three regions being Americas, EMEA and APAC. Our combined global platform is ranked amongst the top three leaders worldwide by IDC MarketScape, with over 160 Data Centers spanning more than 20 countries.
Headquartered in Mumbai, the Global Data Centers and Cloud Infrastructure has been recognized by SP Global as the No. 1 Data Center service provider in the country in terms of market share, with its first and largest operational hyperscale Data Center Park in Mumbai. With over USD 2 Bn investment in the next four years in building six new Data Center Parks and landing stations would help us to consolidate our ICT presence and double our footprint in India by 2025. As India’s leading managed hosting and hybrid multicloud solution provider serving more than 2500 clients, we offer Remote Infrastructure Management (RIM) services to various enterprise customers globally and was the first to launch – Cloud Computing, Managed Security, Disaster Recovery-as-a-Service (DRaaS) and Software-Defined Storage in the country. To learn more, kindly visit us at www.netmagicsolutions.com.
About NTT Ltd.
NTT Ltd. is a leading global technology services company. Working with organizations around the world, we achieve business outcomes through intelligent technology solutions. For us, intelligent means data driven, connected, digital and secure. Our global assets and integrated ICT stack capabilities provide unique offerings in cloud-enabling networking, hybrid cloud, data centers, digital transformation, client experience, workplace and cybersecurity.
As a global ICT provider, we employ more than 40,000 people in a diverse and dynamic workplace that spans 57 countries, trading in 73 countries and delivering services in over 200 countries and regions. Together we enable the connected future. Visit us at hello.global.ntt