Support and Troubleshooting:
- Network configuration, change and management of underlying infrastructure to support cloud based controller deployments.
- Manage infrastructure for multiple deployments.
- Configure and deploy (virtual) network appliances required for controller deployments.
- Deploy and manage large scale deployments across multiple regions/networks.
- Respond to alerts raised by the monitoring system and delivered to their attention by the paging system;
- Troubleshoot and mitigate problems arising in the operation of the Software, both by following relevant runbooks and by explorative investigation, e.g. for new problems yet to be formalized in the runbook;
- Contribute the result of explorative troubleshooting and mitigation back to the operational runbook;
- Leave audit trail of every task they perform into relevant information stores (trouble tickets, wiki pages).
- Working on Escalated/P1 issues and providing solution abiding the SLA.
- Ensuring that the change requests are implemented within defined timelines
- Creation and maintenance of knowledge base.
- Troubleshoot any infrastructure related issues both at a Linux and a (virtual)network appliance level.
- Diagnose and analyze application level issues based on the traffic captures.
- Ensure that network sub systems work correctly as configured, e.g. per BGP routing policies. Identify mis-behavior of networking software that deviates from the intended configuration. Work around the problems by devising and implementing alternative network configurations.
- Solid experience in network protocols: TCP/IP in general, ARP, SSL/TLS, BGP, DHCP, VRRP, VLAN, PPP(-oE)
- Familiarity with BGP policy concept and language, such as communities, MED, Localpref and iBGP route reflection.
- Network systems software development experience is preferred.
- Understating of SD-WAN technologies and solutions
- Hands on experience on NFVs such as Fortigate/SilverPeak/Juniper (MX/vSRX) and Vyatta
- Ability to diagnose previously unknown problems by examining software logs, finding clues and leads.
- Ability to mitigate active system problems by understanding their nature and devising/implementing mitigative steps.
- Working knowledge with DVCS (Git)
- Experience in Linux flavors (Ubuntu)
- Adept at linux networking stack, such as iptables, iptools, iprules.
- Hands on knowledge with network diagnostic tools such as tcpdump, wireshark, tshark.
- Experience with high availability clustered deployments, using technologies such as HAProxy, Keepalived, MySQL Galera, preferred.
- Familiar with containers technologies such as docker. Hands on experience preferred for container networking.
- Understanding of Linux KVM/Virtualization and OpenStack
- Experience with large-scale data communications network architecture and priority
- SDN Controller / Switch maintenance or development experience is preferred. SDN Open source software experience is preferred.
- Strong technical documentation skills, including maintenance and expansion of operational runbooks.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry: IT-Hardware & Networking
Functional Area: IT Hardware, Technical Support, Telecom Engineering
Role Category: Technical
Role: Technical Support Manager
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time
NETMAGIC IT SERVICES PRIVATE Limited
Netmagic Solutions is India's largest pure-play Managed IT Hosting Services Provider, specializing in Internet Data Center & Managed Hosting, Infrastructure Management, Managed Security, Cloud Computing, Application Hosting, Messaging & Collaboration and Disaster Recovery and Availability Services.
Netmagic delivers mission critical hosted applications to over 1600 of the world's best-known enterprises from multiple locations. To its credit, Netmagic Solutions has been recognized as the 'Datacenter Service Provider of the Year - 2011 by Frost & Sullivan and featured in the Leadership quadrant by IDC in its Datacenter Opportunities Report for India - 2011.
Netmagic Solutions is ISO 27001, ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 20000-1 certified and its processes are designed as per the ITIL framework. Netmagic Solutions is one of India's first Datacenter Service Providers to be certified as an SAP Hosting Partner. Netmagic's Chennai Datacenter is the only Gold LEED certified datacenter by the USGBC in India.
Netmagic has 9 carrier neutral, state-of-the-art datacenters located in Mumbai, Bengaluru, Noida (Delhi-NCR) and Chennai with over 6,00,000 sq. ft. floor space. These are equipped with best-in-class infrastructure, world-class services, tools and skilled personnel, giving its customers the option to host their IT Infrastructure and applications in any of these centers.