- Monitor, troubleshoot, and escalate production problems as per operations processes, affecting the network infrastructure that includes Routers , Switches, Firewalls and Load Balancers
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues of LAN/WAN , Firewalls and Load Balancers devices.
- Troubleshoot Routing and performance related issues on the LAN/WAN.
- Implement change requests as per business needs on Routers, Switches, Firewalls and Load Balancers.
- Work with the vendor\product in delivery of data network service, hardware and software to agreed service levels.
- 8-10 years experience in the troubleshooting and performance management of Data Center /ISP infrastructure networks.
- Customer service skills and client focus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including an ability to convey technical information using non-technical language
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting Cisco routers & switches, Foundry/Brocade L2/L3Switches,Juniper Routers/Switches, Force10 and HP L2 switches.
- Knowledgeable in the following data circuit technologies TDM, MPLS, Ethernet, EoSDH and POS
- Expert knowledge in service provider level networking with knowledge in TCP/IP, Routing Protocols (OSPF and BGPv4, RIP etc). Specific knowledge of BGP, OSPF and IP protocols in MPLS & none MPLS Environment.
- Good understanding of high availability fundamentals (HSRP and VRRP)
- Hands-on experience on Cisco ASA and Fortigate ,Juniper SRX Firewalls
- Hands-on experience on Load Balancers ( Cisco , Citrix Netscaler, Radware and F5)
- Hands-on experience of LAN switching technologies: STP, Trunking, EtherChannel
- Expert Knowledge of VPN technologies and IPSec , SSL and GRE protocols.
- Understanding of network protocols like FTP, TFTP, NTP, SNMP, DNS, DHCP
- Organizational and problem-solving skills
- Supervising responsibilities including interviewing and training/coaching NOC team members.
- Keep up to date with new networking products and services .
- Handling and Escalating highly impacting operational issues to upper Management and/or 3rd party vendor escalation
- Network and structure cabling design and Implementation.
- Perform vendor interaction with internal and external support organizations
- Participate in team projects and project/technology transition
- Troubleshoot, and escalate production problems affecting the network and systems infrastructure
- Identify and resolve chronic issues.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry: IT-Hardware & Networking
Functional Area: IT Hardware, Technical Support, Telecom Engineering
Role Category: Network Planning Manager
Role: Network Planning Manager
Education:UG -Any Graduate - Any Specialization, Graduation Not Required
PG - Any Postgraduate, Post Graduation Not Required
Doctorate - Any Doctorate - Any Specialization, Doctorate Not Required
Netmagic Solutions is India's largest pure-play Managed IT Hosting Services Provider, specializing in Internet Data Center & Managed Hosting, Infrastructure Management, Managed Security, Cloud Computing, Application Hosting, Messaging & Collaboration and Disaster Recovery and Availability Services.
Netmagic delivers mission critical hosted applications to over 1600 of the world's best-known enterprises from multiple locations. To its credit, Netmagic Solutions has been recognized as the 'Datacenter Service Provider of the Year - 2011 by Frost & Sullivan and featured in the Leadership quadrant by IDC in its Datacenter Opportunities Report for India - 2011.
Netmagic Solutions is ISO 27001, ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 20000-1 certified and its processes are designed as per the ITIL framework. Netmagic Solutions is one of India's first Datacenter Service Providers to be certified as an SAP Hosting Partner. Netmagic's Chennai Datacenter is the only Gold LEED certified datacenter by the USGBC in India.
Netmagic has 9 carrier neutral, state-of-the-art datacenters located in Mumbai, Bengaluru, Noida (Delhi-NCR) and Chennai with over 6,00,000 sq. ft. floor space. These are equipped with best-in-class infrastructure, world-class services, tools and skilled personnel, giving its customers the option to host their IT Infrastructure and applications in any of these centers